This course is for Japanese language teachers in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. It is designed to help them improve their Japanese language skills to the equivalent of A2/B1 level. It is organized by Mexican Association of Japanese Language (AMIJ) and the Japan Foundation, Mexico.
Highly recommended for…
- Who wants to learn Japanese more and prefers to do it with teachers and other classmates.
- Who wants to express themselves with more confidence and fluency.
- Who wants to learn Japanese with the “Marugoto” textbook.
* This course is the continuation of the previous course held between May and July of 2023.
- Level A2/B1 of the “JF Standard for Japanese-Language Education”, which is based on the CEFR (Common European Framework Reference for Languages).
Click here to check if the level you are aiming for corresponds with this course.
- Improve your teaching skills through Japanese language learning.
- Set your own goals in Japanese language learning and reach them.
- In-service Japanese language teachers in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean.
- Passed the JLPT N4 (Japanese-Language Proficiency Test) or having the level A2.2 in CEFR or in “JF Standard for Japanese-Language Education”.
* Please check your level with “Japanese Test for Course Recommendation”.
- (Preferably) Completed “MARUGOTO Katsudoo & Rikai Self-study Course A2-3” and “A2-4”.
- Can participate with a computer.
- Can participate in Zoom sessions with your camera on.
- Have the following Internet speed:
Upload 1.0 Mbps
Download 600 kbps
If you are not sure your Internet speed, please check it here.
- We will use “MARUGOTO Katsudoo & Rikai Self-Study Course A2B1-1”, on online platform “Minato”. You don’t have to purchase “Marugoto” textbook.
- Live Zoom sessions will be held every other week. You are expected to self-manage your learning on “Minato”. In live sessions, we will focus more on out-putting what you have learned in the course of “Minato”.
* If we receive more applications than the capacity, the selection will be made.
|–||Contents||11:00 to 12:30AM (Jamaica)|
12:30 to 13:30 (Trinidad and Tobago)
|Pre-course exam (Oral) *||between September 11 and 14|
|2||Topic 1||September 20|
|3||Topic 2||October 4|
|5||Topic 3||October 25|
|6||Topic 4||November 8|
|7||Topic 5||November 22|
|Writing exam of the platform||before December 6|
|Final exam (oral)||November 29|
|8||Final reflection||December 6|
KURIHARA Sachiko and SATO Shiho
Certificate will be issued for those who meet the following requirements.
- Completion of learning on the platform “Minato”.
- More than 80% attendance at Zoom sessions. (You cannot miss more than one session.)
* More than 15 minutes late or leaving early will be considered as absent.
- Obtain at least “できた” on two “Can-do”s in the final oral exam.
- Score more than 80% on the writing exam.
- Fill out the “Objectives and Reflection Sheet” and submit.
- Fill out the “Self-evaluation Sheet (Can-do check)” and submit.
Japanese Language Section, Tha Japan Foundation, Mexico